Chortle Chook

Arrival of Puddle and story of Intros to Walter & Jemmima

Your new plans sound brilliant, coppers :clap: I can also vouch for mollyripkim's WIR being really nice for her chooks and ducks and, by the way, not the least like an old car :lol:

The comment about the old cortina, however, made me laugh as OH says Puddle sounds like an old car trying to start every time she loses sight of the chickens and calls to find out where they are :D (She is a lot noisier than Jemmima)

Regarding Jemmima and Walter, a friend came by at the weekend and said that it is not really normal what is going on. Luckily in the garden Puddle can easily avoid them, especially as she is so keen on chicken company. However she is clearly frightened of them and now shoots off the water if they come anywhere near. :( I have wondered if it is because having been brought up by chickens she is not quite ducky enough for them :think: All in all, sadly we are continuing to look for another home for Walter and Jemmima :( but it will have to be a nice one. I do feel a faithless being but if I can find them a nice home I don't think they'll mind and I'm certainly not going to rush anything. It'll have to be the right place.

Things are looking up - a really nice home has just been found for Jemmima and Walter with someone who does work for the RSPCA. They will be her private pets and will have just the same free range conditions as they do with me. I'm so pleased :D Puddle meanwhile is as happy as could be with the chickens and is following our little cockerel around like a star struck teenager :lol: Amazingly he has taken it upon himself to defend her from all, so I think she really must have been talking chicken.

Looks like a lovely home for them :D I see in your signature you have got puddle a friend :whistle:

Well Splash (our name for him) is being fetched on Monday. He is her brother. He had some difficulty getting out of the egg and had a broken now droopy wing and so was thought to be un-homeable by his breeder. I think they'll be two little odd balls together :wink: