Chortle Chook

British Waterfowl Association do, Warwick, Sun 28th Oct

Are any Omleteers going to the British Waterfowl Association do in Warwick on Sunday 28th October? I've just managed to persuade OH that we simply have to be there. I can't wait to see all the call ducks and though I can't have geese I'm so looking forward to seeing those frizzled ones (Sebastapol, I think they are) :dance:

I went and it was really nice :D:D Far smaller and cosier than the big chicken events I was able to talk to all sorts of experts and saw lots of lovely ducks and geese. My favourites were the Welsh Harelquin and Blue Swedish ducks as they are such pretty colours, and the Sebastapol geese with their lovely long ribbon feathers. There were a pair of these for sale and boy did I regret not having a good sized garden with plenty of grass. I'll certainly be there again next year.

I went too!!!!! I found out what a true campbell looks like and spoke to a breeder. I'll be hatching some of his eggs next year and one of his white campbells won first place. eeee! I am still not sure what my duck is though. He is definately much bigger than the slender white campbells and doesn't have the orange beak. He sometimes looks like a white campbell, but might be a cherry valley.

Apart from white campbells my favourites were the curly geese and the bali. What a beautiful, elegant duck!