Eggheads

First egg (finally)

Seems like we've been waiting forever (7 weeks & 2 days to be exact) - but our first egg was delivered this morning courtesy of Chocolate.

We noticed her flattening herself to the ground yesterday whilst cleaning the Eglu but no sign of an egg all day or this morning when we let them out. Then just whilst we were eating breakfast Chocolate disappeared back inside the Eglu and stayed there for about half an hour. There was no clucking or fuss, just a small but perfect little (45g) egg for us.

:D

chocolate_egg.jpg

Edited by Guest

How exciting! Isn't it great when the first egg appears - did you do the infamous egg dance? :dance:

Your egg is the same colour as the ones we get from Greta - both Chocolate and Greta are PP Audrey's eggs are much darker/browner; will be interesting to see what colour Gingernut's are when they arrive.

Have you decided what to do with the first egg? :D

Rob

How exciting! Isn't it great when the first egg appears - did you do the infamous egg dance? :dance:

Your egg is the same colour as the ones we get from Greta - both Chocolate and Greta are PP Audrey's eggs are much darker/browner; will be interesting to see what colour Gingernut's are when they arrive.

Have you decided what to do with the first egg? :D

Rob

The kids certainly did a little egg dance this morning - I think the neighbours already think that I'm mad enough sitting out and talking to the hens.

In the end we've been out most of the day so we didn't get to eat the egg yet and are hoping for another one tomorrow so there is at least 2 to share round between the four of us.

I'll be sure to let you know what colour Gingernut's eggs are - judging by the size and colour of her comb I think she's still got at least another week to wait. I hope you're right, I like the idea of having distinctive eggs from each chicken .