Hello Duck fans! Not really been here much. We got ducklings on the 8th June they were four days old we thought we had two females as it turns out we have a male and female! Thats fine i don't mind. They are Khaki Cambels, beautiful ducks as they are now five going on six months I thought I would have had at least the starting of egg production from Pink-a-bell but not a sight or sound what should I be looking for they do a little dance and Bernard tries to get his wicked way but falls off!! Quite funny really! Poor boy. So anyway what is the normal for these ducks am I going to have to wait till spring to get eggs or ??? How do they work :D Much Duckyness Rach x

We havent ever seen our going into their duckhouse we have shavings down for them, wondering if it is wrong for them I will try to pop a picture up so you can see the house maybe the house is wrong so she has crossed her legs no nice house no eggs type thing?? :think: Our Ducks at 12 weeks old copy and past this URL into your address bar to see the pic please. This is them at 12 weeks and since then we have removed the two side panels from the front of the house so it is not so enclosed?

Yeah I had a rumage through the beding and didn't see anything :?: I check it every day for eggs going to get three more chickens next month so I should get more eggs by March :pray: would you recomend getting a bantam for being broody and could I put it in with the ducks at the mo I have them separate as the chickens disperse with pleasantries when it comes to the poor ducks and attack them :wall:

My two call ducks are six months and just had two beautiful pale green eggs, really wasn't expecting any until the spring and Daffy the male hasn't shown any mating behaviour. Don't know about your breed but call ducks aren't good at nesting so often get hatched under broody chickens which I have in abundance in the summer with nine silkies. :) Mine all share a WIR with no problems so far.

Your eggs are beautiful Mollyripkim (as seen on facebook) but I still can't get used to the fact that they are greenish which to me looks a bit unhealthy so I have yet to eat one from my pair :doh:

snailsandchickens I don't know what breed of chickens you have but like Mollyripkim my call ducks range about with my chickens all day. (My chickens are bantams - Silkies, Polands and Frizzles).

I did notice when I first introduced a pair of call ducks that the chickens seemed to push them about rather and even ganged up a bit if one of the ducks got separated. However quickly the tables turned and now my chickens are rather scared of my ducks and keep out of their way. I think it is because of their loud quack :lol: I also had a little call duck who had been raised under a chicken and missed her chicken family so much that she kept on calling and calling for them and eventually went back home to them.