Chortle Chook

Treats for ducks

I've not had much success so far with feeding my ducks treats. They love meal worms and a bit of corn but that is about it. What treats do you feed your ducks? I've heard that they like spinach. Should I cut it up or feed the leaves whole? Also is there anything they should not have?

Edited by Guest

Hi

Daisy and Daffy will eat cooked pasta but really love rice, they had some bokashi bran with the girls tonight and like lettuce chopped up, I usually buy the little gem ones as they last a long time in the fridge. Other than that they gobble up pretty much whatever thenp chickens have with the exception of grapes! :D

Mine adore blueberries (can't remember how it started), they can be expensive but I try and get frozen ones on offer or past their sell by's etc, they get so excited, my runner does a little shuffle, he's hilarious, also, they like chives and the green parts of salad onions, kale and cabbage, raw, chopped except for leafy cabbage which they love to tear up and munch.