Cinnamon Posted January 30, 2013 Share Posted January 30, 2013 I took Nemo,who is now 11 weeks old,for his first injections today. He is pretty small for his age, & normally very,very lively. I expected him to be sleepy & a bit under the weather after his jabs,but he is actually squealing in pain whenever anyone tries to pick him up,which I have not experienced before Can the jabs cause tummy ache in kittens,does anyone know? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackrocksrock Posted January 30, 2013 Share Posted January 30, 2013 Should not do - is it not his neck area that is a bit tender? Phone the vets and check with them please as not normal. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted January 30, 2013 Author Share Posted January 30, 2013 Have done already. They said its normal for him to be lethargic,which I expected anyhow. I injection was lower down his body than his scruff,so I guess that picking him up as I normally do,around his tummy, could be making the area he was injected in sore. He has also had a slightly squitty tummy. They said to give it a couple of hours (which I have to anyhow,as I have to be in this afternoon),then phone back if he is still like this,& bring him down. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted January 30, 2013 Share Posted January 30, 2013 If he hasn't got a lot of flesh on him then he may have a bruise, just be careful how you pick him up for a few days. Poor chap Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 30, 2013 Share Posted January 30, 2013 Awww, poor we man. Can you dissolve some Avipro (or other probiotic powder) in his water and make sure he drinks it? That'd help with his dodgy tum. Vets will usually wait a couple of weeks to do the jabs if an animal is a bit small. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted January 30, 2013 Author Share Posted January 30, 2013 He has had a good long sleep,has eaten some food & is back to his old self now,thank goodness. Its like being a mum to a newborn again! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goosey Lucy Posted January 31, 2013 Share Posted January 31, 2013 Isn't it just! Glad he's back to normal again, they're such a worry Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...