ohcarolina Posted March 3, 2013 Share Posted March 3, 2013 Hi all Hope its OK to post this. I've just heard that Wing and A Prayer are doing a Rehome of Ex Commercial Free Range Hens on March 25th in Edinburgh. If you are interested you can contact Jackie Balfour at wingandaprayerrescue@hotmail.co.uk. They also have a Facebook page. Hope that someone can take some of these lovely ladies. I have some ex FR and they've laid enormous eggs all winter bless em. Whilst I'm on about ex-commercial hens Fresh Start For Hens have their first Rehome of 2013 for Enriched Cage hens on 30th March - Easter Saturday. I'll be running the Crawley collection point but we have 36 all over England & Wales. go on, you know you want to Thanks everyone Caroline Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LottyJ1 Posted March 4, 2013 Share Posted March 4, 2013 Easter Saturday - what a great day to do a re-homing! Good luck and I hope they all find homes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kazmac Posted March 4, 2013 Share Posted March 4, 2013 We're having some of the Scotland ladies via Jackie! A friend told me about this rescue when she saw it on Facebook. We've been waiting over 18 months to rescue hens - there seems to be some difficulty in getting hens up here according to another charity. So we're glad to have been put in touch with Jackie. She even told us about a second hand she'd seen advertised and it's now sitting waiting for our girls! Can't wait! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ohcarolina Posted March 4, 2013 Author Share Posted March 4, 2013 Enjoy your hens Kazmac and thank you Lottyj1. It'll be a wonderfully mad smelly Easter but soooo worth it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted March 4, 2013 Share Posted March 4, 2013 I wish I could help but really only have room for 5 and am at full capacity . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kazmac Posted March 5, 2013 Share Posted March 5, 2013 Enjoy your hens Kazmac Thank you. We're really excited! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...