Nikipins

Parent behaving badly

Life is for the living, my dad is 71 and very active, he has bad arthritis in his hands, but lives life to full, including building things, lots of walking and wood turning. He regularly knocks chunks out of himself, but he has been doing that all of his life. He has come close to death, twice, both when he was in his early 60's and both times from unlucky health problems. These experiences made him all the more determined to live every days as though it were his last. His dad was much the same and even gave ED new bike a spin in his late 80's he stayed active and died aged 93 of natural causes.

My FIL on the other hand has talked himself into old age, and my OH is going the same way, declaring last weekend after collecting and cutting some waste wood from a friend for our wood burner, that he was 'getting too old for this' he is nearly 49 :roll:

You have to admire these oldies for being so determined. I might tell them to be careful but rest assured they dont listen and continue to fill up my free slots at work. never seeks to amaze me the things they manage to do to themselves. I wonder what my generation will be like - probably not so determined.