karencopas

hatching call duck eggs

hi,

i haven't posted on the forum for ages but need a little bit of advice please :)

when putting eggs into the incubator do you count the day you put them in as day 1 or is day 1 the next day(24 hours later)?

I've got two call eggs in at the mo i did have more but after candling i'm left with two, i'm going to put them in a brinsea mini advance to hatch(hopefully hatch i should say) i need to move them out of my R com suro as i have two khaki duck eggs in there too and i know they take a bit longer, i'm hoping its safe to transfer them?

many thanks

karen (duck)(white duck)

Thank you for your replies am not getting my hopes up!!!

Only hatched one chick this year and then it died :( is it a bad year for everything? (white chicken)

My call eggs are on day 24 today with no signs of anything happening, I've got two Campbells due to hatch at the weekend will prob pin all my hopes on them! (duck)

I always count the day I put them in as day 1 if I put them in the morning. I've had various number of gestation dates. My latest little chick was born at 24days. It was very week and couldn't get out of the egg at then end. I had to help it out. I kept it in the incubator until 28days and then another couple. I'm please dead say the little fellow is 2 weeks old now and doing really well.