Peachy Pekins

Peachy Pekins

Hi, I'm new to Omlet - hope I am writing in the right place??

Want to hear from like minded people who are as mad about bantams as I am.

Been keeping Bantams for about 2 years now on a very small scale, started with 3 Wynadottes which were older girls, however moved over to Pekins now as my son wanted a fluffy chicken - which I must admit I was not keen on to begin with but they have taken over my life.

I have 2 Frizzle Pekins, and a Buff Sussex which I hatched under one of my Wynadottes last year.

The Buff Sussex is currently sitting on 4 Pekin Eggs (Frizzles I hope) and I have 6 Pekin Eggs in my incubator (virgin incubator user !!!)

Look forward to hearing from other newbies on Omlet.

Hi Peachy...I'm not a newbie, just don't come on here very often, but omgoodness, well you're in the right place for all things Bantam, Pekin or chook in general...and Pekins are so very very easy to fall in love with ......as my 5 "big" pompoms....3 6/7wk old pompoms...and 5 2wk old pompoms, 3 frizzle and 2 flat (am hoping all girls on the chick front!)....are testimony to :lol:

I also have a bantam Welsummer, bantam Wyandotte, Araucana x Speckled Sussex plus 3 bigger ladies (CLB, cuckoo Marans and an Amber Star).....I am suffering from a fairly severe case of Morehens as I have recently been foxed too....I hope to add a few more hybrids to my flock soon :pray:

Sha x

More Pekins in my flock too, two frizzle cockerels and three gold partridge. The five Pekins are mixed with five LF breads (one big Buff Orp, one Speckled Star, two Speckldy's and a White Star). I also have 3 Silver Laced Wyandotte's which I hatched out 7 weeks ago.

If you love Pekins, then this is the Omlet thread for you Calling all Pekin fans.

Andrew

I am suffering from a fairly severe case of Morehens as I have recently been foxed too....I hope to add a few more hybrids to my flock soon :pray:

Sorry to read that Sha :(. I had one walk right along side my WIR (in the field behind) while I was inside the run the other weekend. Scared the life out of me as I'd just let all the girls out into the garden and so had too quickly run about rounding them all up again! The wild birds and crows in the field sounded the alarm earlier, but it took me a few minutes before I realised what was going on.

Andrew