Chortle Chook

Something horrid happened

Oh so sorry for you reading this :(:( I had a similarly upsetting flystrike experience years ago when my children were little and we kept guinea pigs. I had a longhaired girl (she was the only longhaired baby we kept, we had bred her and she was georgous!!) she must have had a bit of a runny bum and the children had checked/fed her & companion the day before.....she looked off colour so I checked her over...... Horrid moggots!!! Argh did just the same as you, washing and then the vet but she too had to be PTS, very distressing for all of us!! The vet was lovely about it, said it can be very fast indeed to take hold :(

I guess we get caught out by the unexpected :(

My light sussex is seriously sulking this morning. I shocked her yesterday as I gave her knickers a very thorough wash following this sad thread. The feathers were all pooey as per normal, my son went beyond the call of chicken duty trying to keep her still as she pecked her escape. Have told her to take lessons from my beautifully clean maran who never has a feather out of place! :shameonu:

Xx