AndreaT

Chicks sleeping arangments advice

I've currently got two sets of chicks aged 9 and 12 weeks old. The youngest ones mum has finally decided to sleep back with the big girls so I was wondering if it would be ok for me to start putting the two sets of chicks, 5 in total, in together at night. I'm guessing they won't go in with the big girls for some time yet?

I'd have thought they'll be fine as long as there isn't too much discrepancy in size. Having said that my broody whose chicks are now 7 weeks has rejoined the main coop tonight and took her babies with her. I think I might put them in with the 5 week olds tomorrow though.

I spent the day at my brother's nursing home. Got home to find the other half searching for chicks in the dark. There is one missing. Why is it I am the only person that cares enough to make sure the chicks are safely in bed? I hope Mr Fox doesn't visit.

:shock: Thank goodness for a happy outcome Shirl!

I moved the two older ones in with the other three last night and all seemed peaceful this morning when I let them out. Will have to see if they'll put themselves in the right coop tonight!

I did have a shock when I got home today though. There is blood all over the big birds coop ramp! Took me ages to find which one is injured but it's Lucky the cockerel. He's somehow got a small injury to the side of his neck. I'll have to wait until bedtime to check him out and clean him up so fingers crossed it's not too bad!