quickcluck

House training an adult dog

If you've got an amenable butcher, yes. My local butcher is totally unhelpful and strips every tiny bit of meat off rib bones (goodness only knows what it's used for :? ) and then offers the bare bones to dog owners.... Which are pretty useless! The bones need to be covered in meat.

You can buy pork and lamb ribs from Morrisons, but that's an expensive way of doing it. I only buy them when Tango needs a bit of muck s"Ooops, word censored!"ing off her teeth, otherwise it's chicken carcass for her.

If you have a decent amount of freezer space then you can look at ordering from some of the online raw suppliers for dogs. It's not usually cost effective if you only want a few things, but I order about 4 months worth of food for Tango, and then I go and collect as my nearest supplier is only about 15 miles away from me. Sadly he doesn't do lamb bones though :(

By the way, I am a veggie too.... You do get over the raw meat grossness factor after a while! (Thick rubber gloves help :wink::lol: )