Gertie

Intruder Cat

I'm having a bit of a problem with an intruder cat. Recently I have been finding him in my house when I return from work or get woken by him in the night wailing in the kitchen. Luckily he doesn't seem to be spraying urine in the house. He is however, terrorising my cats. Ive had to take all 3 of them to the vets for bites in the last 6 months.

So I've bought a magnetic cat flap. I installed it Saturday and he couldn't get in Saturday night. He's still hanging around outside though.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do to dissuade home from loitering. Also, I'm worried incase he is homeless (he looks generally well & fed, I think he's entire, but has no collar).

Thanks

Recently I have been finding him in my house

Ive had to take all 3 of them to the vets for bites in the last 6 months.

So I've bought a magnetic cat flap. I installed it Saturday and he couldn't get in Saturday night. He's still hanging around outside though.

Right.....He's been terrorising your cats for six months?

Naughty mummy

BUT

THe magnetic cat flap works

Wonderful mummy!!!

Ignore the fact that he can't get in....that was the point ...job done.

I did manage to get him with the water one day! I like the can and pebbles idea. Will remember that one if we have any further issues.

He's not been terrorising inside for 6 months (would have done something drastic if it was that terrible). He's been visiting the garden from time to time and fighting on an irregular basis over he last 6 months. It was about 2 weeks duration that he started venturing inside. Cat flap is marvellous and yes, OSH, he's got bored and isn't hanging about any more!

Just incase anyone else has a potential stray (that was more my worry with the cold coming), a vet suggested putting a paper collar on him with request for owner to contact if not a stray, then rescue centre could potentially be called. not that I ever got very near him....!