chookiesandcookies

Joining fencing to end of Eglu run?

I've had my 3 lovely ladies for 2 weeks now, and they currently spend all day in their 3m run on a classic Eglu. I can't let them free-range unfortunately because of low fences, cats and foxes, but would love them to be out in the garden when we're there to keep an eye, so am planning to buy some Omlet fencing. There isn't room for the fencing to go all round the Eglu and run, so the chookies will need to come out of the end of the run into the fenced off area. Has anyone found a way to attach the fencing to the run? The gate will need to be at the other end for us to get in. Could I just cut a section out and attach it to the wire of the run? Sorry if this is a very ignorant question - just can't quite picture in my head how it will work!

Hi, that was what I'd originally planned, but I worried they would flap onto the roof of the Eglu and use it as a launchpad to get over the fence if it was right next to it? The eglu is up against the fence to next door's garden (only a low fence) so if they made it over the Eglu netting they'd be straight into their garden.