PixieDust

New old girls arrive on Monday

Rather eggcited!

I am going to pick up the Bluebell and Cuckoo Maran on Monday. Very dubious as to how it's going to go with my 3 but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I feel a little sad as they are my friend's girls. One is 3 and the other is just over 1. She is distraught at having to give them up. She can always visit til 2018 when we move.

Any pre-match advice?

Yes just got home with them and put them in the coop. They both seem very heavy and the cuckoo is huge. My friend kept them in a makeshift run down the side of the garage. They were in with 2 bunnies, 3 guinea pigs a tortoise and 2 quail which were in cages.

She says Kerry, the bluebell is about 3 and doesn't lay often. She also says Trixie the cuckoo doesn't lay much and she got her as POL just over a year ago. She believes the girls tuck into rabbit/guinea pig nosh and this may be the reason they don't lay.

But they are heavy.

I will photograph them tomorrow. I just want to go out and watch them and check they are ok.