soapdragon

Masterchef - Finals!

After watching every single series both professionals and non professionals, since the start tonight's finals were the very first where I had no 'favourite'. All three were brilliant and inspirational for very different reasons.

Tonight's finals were so close....I had thought that Ellie might win but Gary was amazing and was taking a huge leap in terms of his previous job; he was a college lecturer rather than a chef doing service every day.

Matt had clearly overcome a very difficult time in his life where he had lost his way - the death of his father had obviously hit him hard. But he got his 'mojo' back during the programme and, my goodness, did he go for it!!!

Ellie is only 22 years old and a stunningly good chef; what she will be like in 10 years remains to be seen - she will just fly!

Gary was just stunning; innovative, creative and intuitive. Wow!

Hats off to those three amazing cooks!

have to say I'd got Gary down as the winner from midway through the season with Ellie very very close I think her starter today cost her 1 out of 2 chiefs not a 100% 'happy' in the final isn't good when the last chief is as good as Gary

I just wish the beeb would do a were are they now show there's been some very good young chiefs in particular over the years been a nosy sod I'd like to see how they've got on

Yes, I agree that a 'catch up' prog would be fascinating! So many of the finalists have gone on to great things either in their own right or working for a well known chef/rest.

We were fortunate enough to eat at Anton's pub..Treby Arms twice as its near where we holiday in Devon. The first time, just after he won, it was fabulous - homely, welcoming, very unpretentious and good value. When we went back the following year it seemed to have lost that unpretention and the food was, IMHO, not as good! I much preferred it the first time :think:

I really like Masterchef the Professionals (I don't watch the amateur or celebrity versions). Liek you, this year I found all 3 finalsts were likeable individuals and all very good. I was very sorry to see Arnaud go out in the Semi's.

It was so close!

I also woudl love to see a "where are they now" of the Professionals from the last 10 years - not just the winners, but the non-winning finalists too. I imagine that pretty much all of them receive good job offers as a result of getting that far.

I was interested to see a couple of them pop up at the Chef's Table dinner...but I didn't remember any of them, I had to Google them. lol!