BridieLou

Biting the bullet and buying the WIR

How much do we love these birds? I'm about to spend another £500 on the WIR (3x2) for my beauties. We only have three.

I'm going to connect the WIR to the Eglu GoUp + 2m run. I'm wondering about floor surface - any recommendations?

Cat Tails I know yours are on dirt with slabs dug under, is that right? I'm thinking about doing the same. Digging a load of slabs under, putting soil on top and just letting them go crazy on that. I've got a load of woodchip left - worth throwing that on top?

I'm going to buy a clear tarp to cover the whole thing, so hopefully it won't get too wet...

Thanks!

Jep, dirt it is!

Planning to relocate the run this summer. (Relocate is a big word... moving it over about 1 m is more accurate...)

So digging the lot up and instead of the bricks lining the slab pit, will replace them with those long concrete thingies you use to border borders, if anyone understands what I'm saying. :wink: it keeps them from digging out the dirt underneath the runsides.

Still happy with my dirt set up. They love the digging and dustbathing and I don't really do anything about it. Had loads of rain yesterday and today, so it will be washed clean again.

I wouldn't mix in the chips with the dirt. Did it a few times, but it makes it rather co"Ooops, word censored!" and they missed their dustbathing.