Chick Chick

Tarpaulin for Eglu Cube with 3meter run

Hello, I’m a newbie here. I have recently got an Eglu Cube with 3 meter run attached. 

I have been browsing the forum and see people often use the clear tarpaulins to cover the run.

Please can anyone help me with the best place to get the tarpaulin?

and what size do you find fits best on this run?

Thanks in advance :) 

Hi

I have runs the same size (on a mark 1 cube) and buy clear tarps from ebay in the 3m x 4m size, this gives cover over the top and down the sides, which I angle slightly outwards with bungee hooks attached to the run skirt.This gives slightly more length than I actually need, but helps me to accommodate the 'porch' that I have built onto each run with clear corrugated plastic, wedged underneath the front end of the tarp. There's also enough length to cover a bit back over the cube to avoid any drips getting in that way.

The ones I get have the corded webbing in them for strength, but UV damage means that they last around 2-3 years.

What you're looking for is something clear and robust which can be secured with bungee hooks. I have extended cube runs and have slid some clear corrugated plastic under the front of each tarp to provide a 'porch', which stops the rain from getting in the front.

On 04/09/2018 at 8:43 PM, Mikegm said:

I have found decent ones in QD...with eyelets!!

Perhaps that site' search function is wonky, but I could only see opaque tarps, no clear ones.