AndyRoo

Bath bombs, and bubble bars!

Hello all,

I hope everyone is well.

Has anyone made any bath bombs or bubble bars before? I'm making them as Christmas presents, along with some soaps etc. I've noticed that the bath bombs can be a little tricky to get out of moulds, but if I let the mix dry off a bit before moulding them, they seem to be ok.

The bubble bath bars, however, are proving a little trickier. The recipe I am using makes a really soft dough, but it doesn't seem to be 'setting' and drying off even after a day. Any ideas? Do I just need to leave them for longer? Or should I just put less wet ingredients in them?

Help!

ul7Q6Sl.jpg

I have made cold processed soap and found that, even if the receipt says unmould after two days, they are often best left a little longer until they have dried out more. These 'instructions' are more 'guidelines' and you have to go by how the product feels (and you will get to know that by instinct, the more you make). Trust your instinct AR!

I'm having a nightmare with the bath bombs now too. I can't seem to get the mix bang on perfect. They're either too damp and then reacting and expanding too soon - or they're too dry and falling apart as soon as I take them out of the mould. *shakes fists at sky*