soapdragon

E Bay Problems

Has anyone else had any problems with their E Bay account or logging on recently? We have had four occasions over the past week where we have been locked out of our account as E Bay tell us, on the on screen message, that someone is trying to use our account. However, it transpires that it's because OH added his mobile about 6 weeks ago and E Bay has only just picked it up! We have reset the password at least 10 times now and whilst we trying to do this last time with an  EBay agent on the 'phone an on screen message came up to say that a link to reset the password had been sent to  e mail address.............ending .ru! Russia! When I flagged this up to the agent they denied it then said I'd entered the address wrongly when I hadn't entered any address at all!

This morning we cannot even log on via our laptop and I'm tearing my hair our as to how to contact them. I currently have 6 items for sale ending on Sunday so am quite worried. I am sorely tempted to just close the account but we have 936 positive feed back including some really lovely comments from buyers so I don't want this all to dissapear and have to start again.

I don't have a strong knowledge of ebay, as I am not an expert user, but it seems to me you need to get straight back onto them.  Something is obviously very wrong, the .ru email is worrying, and they need to sort it out fast as your financial info is stored there apart from everything else.  When I had dealings with them over lost passwords and things they were very helpful indeed, so they do have good agents.  I hope your issue is unusual and I have found that some customer service people are not trained to deal with out of the ordinary things as well as they should be, so perservere and ask to speak to somebody more senior if necessary. The last thing you want to lose is your positive feedback, so don't even consider going there would be my advice.  Perhaps somebody more experienced than me might have better suggestions.  Very good luck!

Wellll, suddenly I can access My E Bay and have changed the password yet again (for the 1th time in a week?) and unlinked Paypal from the account as a method of payment, leaving the credit card which would be protected in case of fraud. E Bay totally denied that a different e mail address could have been sent a link to change our password but OH saw it onscreen too; def an .ru address! We are monitoring closely and I've given them what for in the request for a review of how the call was handled. Equally, I dread to think how much we have racked up on our'phone bill over the three, totally useless calls to them!

We have had an E Bay account for well over 10 years and it has been totally trouble free (apart from a couple of dodgy buyers/sellers but that's not E Bay's fault!) so it's a bit worrying that this has happened (and that they have tried to blame us because they say that OH linking his mobile to the account caused it to be an unrecognised device and so they kept locking the account).

Hard though it will be I will def now use E Bay as little as possible!