soapdragon

Closing a Twitter Account

Oh wise and Techie ones....assistance required please!

ES went on a school trip last week and I had to join some sort of social media to see their photos and keep updated whilst they were away. I opened a Twitter account with the intention of closing it as soon as he was back - I have no interest in it otherwise!

I managed to open the account but, as soon as I typed in the address/contact for the school, it blocked access to my account because it said that I had violate their protocol (or something very similar; it was quite strong!)

After many e mails I finally got them to unlock it - they said that this sometimes happens with a new account!!!!!!!!!!! However, ES returned the next day so I don't need it any more and cannot work out how to close it. When I asked them to close it whilst it was still locked that said I'd have to upload my passport/ID card/driving licence to prove who I was. I sent them a furious e mail telling them not to be so daft; I didn't need this ID top open the account so why to close it? I'm assuming that this was because it was locked at that point? 

Can anyone tell me how to close it as I cannot seem to find any info on Twitter about closing an account (I guess they don't want people to!)

:$ Really sorry about that, peeps...I've just managed to deactivate the account after all:dance:. NO idea how or what I did...just clicked on some things that looked hopeful. I spent over an hour trying to do it this morning and made no progress (but I think the boys might have learned some new words :$) ....hence my post so goodness alone knows what I did just now. I did try to delete this thread but couldn't work out how to do that either!

I HATE technology (and I don't think it likes me very much!)

Edited by soapdragon
doh!

Oh I hear you!  Complete technophobe here.  At the moment I'm trying to find something that will edit videos and photos so I can load them on Youtube without copious amounts of ums and errs in the one take.  Plus I forget to pause and we get the fairground attraction ride that nobody wants to see!  What one for beginners?  This and that - then the tutorials are whoosh over my head speak!  It would be nice to find a fellow numpty that does tutorials in numpty speak for me to understand!  

I did have a go at Youtube once as someone had semi-corrupted my account and they hadn't informed me of the change.  It was my email but with an extra bit on the end like all these unpleasant hackers do - and they even used my photo - considering it was someone from the east and a male, it seemed crazy that he had a blonde long-haired child as his avatar.  I heard nothing - so I had to close the accounts as best I could.  I've since seen my photo back and most of the Youtubers that I was following pop up as belonging to me.  So I closed that too.  I wonder if they thought oh  knickers - we've messed up, so they fixed it?

I joined instagram only to view quilts and not use it - found it invasive as I have to open it up on my phone too.  I hate the lurking people who "follow" you even before you load anything and I have no intention of doing so.  

Glad you manage to sort it out.  I can understand that the closing account might need extra, but that sounds a step too far!