Jemimapuddleducks

help with my Duck hatching eggs

Hi I have 7 eggs 8 days into incubation and wonder if there is anyone in my area Medway Kent who would be willing to take them on and continue the incubation.  They are apricot/silver call ducks.

I have three drakes which are being quite a nuisance at the moment fighting and trying to get on my feet when I walk round the garden so really feel having 7 more ducks isn't going to work.  Any advice on the drakes would be helpful, will this behaviour stop eventually.

thanks in advance

Maybe contact the breeder you got the eggs from in the first place? 

Haven’t kept any ducks myself, but I guess keeping three males isn’t ideal. Maybe see if you can rehome two of the males and hope for females with hatching. But have you thought about what you were going to do if you 7 eggs ended up being 7 drakes?

23 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

Maybe contact the breeder you got the eggs from in the first place? 

Haven’t kept any ducks myself, but I guess keeping three males isn’t ideal. Maybe see if you can rehome two of the males and hope for females with hatching. But have you thought about what you were going to do if you 7 eggs ended up being 7 drakes?

Agreed

Drakes are competitive and voracious in their 'appetites' to the extent that they can get rather violent; I would reduce that to just the one drake per 4 or 5 females. You don't mention what breed your existing ducks are, but I take it you realise that call ducks, although cute can be rather noisy.

Thanks all for your replies,  the call duck eggs are going to someone who has plenty of experience and will incubate them instead of me.

My drakes I thought were welsh harlequins, I have no females and don't think I will get any with the three boys that's it for me,  I will just keep my three boys or it becomes difficult otherwise.

thanks again