Sallybeligum

A ramp for the cube

Hi Omlet,

While your Cube MK2 is so sophisticated and well thought trough, my question is : "why don't you design a ramp that people can use instead of a ladder?"  
At least you should design it and sell it as an option...
Small chickens just don't go on the ladder....a ramp would be so much better and is so easy to design and make...

Greetings

Hello

I think I posted in your previous thread that Omlet staff don't look at this forum, so you are best to contact them directly.

I have the cube mark 1, and have always had bantams in it plus youngsters from hatches, and never had a problem with them navigating the ladder. The only birds which would need a ramp are silkies and frizzles as they are flightless, so find it harder to get up the ladder. Having said that, my frizzle manages just fine.

Some folks have built ramps, but unless they can see a market for it, I can't imagine that Omlet will design one..... sorry

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

Hello

I think I posted in your previous thread that Omlet staff don't look at this forum, so you are best to contact them directly.

I have the cube mark 1, and have always had bantams in it plus youngsters from hatches, and never had a problem with them navigating the ladder. The only birds which would need a ramp are silkies and frizzles as they are flightless, so find it harder to get up the ladder. Having said that, my frizzle manages just fine.

Some folks have built ramps, but unless they can see a market for it, I can't imagine that Omlet will design one..... sorry

Thank you for the reply anyway.
I wanted to buy a silkie...thats why I wanted an option for her.  I guess I have to build a ramp myself then... 

25 minutes ago, The Dogmother said:

That's what a lot of folks do, or get housing on ground level.

I ordered the cube with the wheels and ladder...but no problem, I'll build one myself.
It is just something that would be nicer if Omlet made it themselves...the colors would match and so on...

I think I will propose it to them, you'll never know ;-)

53 minutes ago, Sallybeligum said:

I ordered the cube with the wheels and ladder...but no problem, I'll build one myself.
It is just something that would be nicer if Omlet made it themselves...the colors would match and so on...

I think I will propose it to them, you'll never know ;-)

Good luck!

• Like 1

I complete agree about this, it would be so handy as I need one too! My Orps just jump straight out with a huge thud. One has a sore leg (probably why!) and refuses to use the ladders and couldn't get back in herself the night before last so slept outside.  She used a DIY ramp fine last night but I couldn't get the door shut  etc etc faff faff. I'm also going to email them and ask as I think it's fair an option is available given the cost.  ☺️

I have a Silkie and she would not go into the Cube unless I physically picked her up and put her in. Same with coming out in the morning. She refused to use the stairs. I am a chef so I took one of my commercial floor mats ($15 at the hardware store) and cut a strip 7” wide and zip tied to the ladder. Easy to clean with the hose and the Silkie (and my other girls) zip in and out now without hesitation. 

• Like 1