Guest olivia davies

Hello!

Hello!

Kate and Sheila suggested I visit the nesting box to introduce myself - so, well, here I am! Housewife, live just outside Bedford, two children, three dogs, 1 budgie, two goldfirsh and of course two chickens!

My chickens arrived on my birthday about 4 weeks ago (a gingernut and a pepperpot)! My husband told me something was being delivered and we had to be in. I could not think what on earth he had ordered! We were sitting waiting and I saw the Omlet van come down the drive and the penny dropped - I was SO excited. I have wanted chickens for ages but thought our garden was not suitable but, well, they love it! They potter around all day very happily.

They have settled in really well apart from a slight hitch when one of our dogs (a small black pug called Mr. Bean) kept chasing them, he didn't try to hurt them just thought it was great fun! My friend has lent me a brilliant dog training collar which squirts citronella under the dog's chin via a remote control when they are doing something naughty - well, instant cure, he now won't go anywhere near them - problem solved!

We had first egg last Friday and one every day since then! We fried two of them yesterday morning and my two children really enjoyed them despite being very anti-egg all their lives!

Not much more to say really!

Hi Olivia and welcome. We've had our chooks about 4 weeks too so yur birthday must be near Valentine's day, mine where a gift for that. Our littlest cat still has ideas about the girls but she's begining to realise it's not going to happen :roll:

Hello and a proper welcome Olivia!

Mine were a birthday present last year and it's a job to top that, isn't it! Hopefully a 3rd chicken might do the trick this year :wink::D !

My boys wouldn't touch eggs until we got the girls and even stick in the mud Tom will eat a hard boiled egg now! Amazing, isn't it.

Glad to hear all is going well and your girls are doing their job properly!

Keep on posting on the forum - we love to hear from you all.

OLIVIA WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Glad to hear everything is OK and the chooks are laying they are such fun and great to watch I let mine wander about the garden at the moment because I love watching them, but they will soon have to go in the penned area so I can grow some veg and the cat can have the garden back for the summer................ :lol::lol:

Keep posting on the forum and join in the fun on the nesting box we love a chat the more the merrier........... :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Karen,

Maybe someone will invent one for chickens - I wonder what smell they would put in it - sage and onion perhaps! :lol:

The collar is called a Master Plus in case anyone is interested and I would thoroughtly recommend it. My friend's dog chased joggers and it cured him of that instantaneously!

Olivia