AJuff

What's going on?

We have five girls, three are laying. Two lay like clockwork every day and the third every other day. Then last week came a day of no eggs!! :shock: Followed by a one egg day!! :shock: Since last week egg production has been very erratic to the point of should I go and buy some. Is it the weather? All girls are very healthy and eating/behaving normally. Exactly how many hens do you need to keep a family of five in eggs?

We have five girls, three are laying. Two lay like clockwork every day and the third every other day. Then last week came a day of no eggs!! :shock: Followed by a one egg day!! :shock: Since last week egg production has been very erratic to the point of should I go and buy some. Is it the weather? All girls are very healthy and eating/behaving normally. Exactly how many hens do you need to keep a family of five in eggs?

ive got the same prob!!! and some soft shells too!

yes we've suddenly had a drop, we usually get 2 eggs a day from our 2 girls but have only had one a day (they're taking it in turns as I can tell the difference between their eggs) for about the last 4-5 days

Also yesterday's eggs was laid on the roosting bars!! very odd, it wasn't a soft shelled one or anything, seems strange, the only time that's ever happened before was when Nugget was hogging the nest! Nugget didn't lay yesterday so maybe the cold wet weather is confusing poor old Buttercup!!

4 chooks hardly any eggs at the moment, must be the waether.

My 2 Pepperpots had a 3 wk sulk when the new girls arrived then started laying again for about a week at the same time the White Star layed daily for about 4 days so we quickly had a dozen eggs. I happily baked and ate eggs last week now nothing for 4 days.

I don't blame them really it didn't get light properly here yesterday.