TINAMILLER1@AOL.COM

Coop light

I have the auto door and coop light just arrived and I got that all up but do not see a manual option to run the light. I am not using the door right now because they all do not go into the coop at the same time so I manually open and close. I was going through the set up of light and the book and do not see a way to manually turn just that light on and leave it on until I personally turn it off. Does anyone know how to operate that light manually and make it stay on until I turn it off? Otherwise, going to have to remove this Omlet light and did find on Amazon a small magnetic light that I can use the magnetic back to put on the top of roof where that metal attachment is and it is remote enabled so I can sit in the comfort of my home and turn it on when I want. Of course I still manually open and close their door which I will probably always do. The autodoor is great idea but I like to open the back and inspect the chickens before they sleep for the night. Also rub vetRX under their wings once a week.

Hi, if you get a response please let me know! New Eglu owner and I can only get it to stay on for 10 minutes at the most and it is on manual settings. Surely there must be a way to leave it on for longer whilst I am waiting for the girls to go to bed. Thanks 

Yeah. The facotry reset did not resolve the issue. The light when in manual mode does not stay on until I decide to turn it off. It turns off after like 3 minutes. I removed the coop light and just went with my magnet one I used before that I put on the top metal thing that connects the roof. Yes, I have to change the batteries once a month but it stays on. My husband is going to try and figure out how to use the 12v stuff in the autodoor area that things plug into and do a remote control light. He is good with electronics. Was going to return the light but it is 15.99 and with shipping would really be a wash so who knows. Maybe he could use the light and figure out how to bypass the turn off in 3 minutes.

Yes, it only stays on for a couple of minutes after manually turning it on, that seems to be how it's designed. I guess it's intended to save the batteries.

I've removed my light now - it isn't much use to me as it is. I'm planning on buying something else. If you figure out how to override the automatic switch off, please let me know!

I'm new to all this and want to ask if anyone else is putting a small light inside the coop at night for them. I have a battery powered small hanging light that I set on "glow" to give them some light inside after shutting them in for the night. Are they supposed to be in complete darkness, or will this light affect them? This is separate from the auto door. I only have the manual door but wanted to get a light of some kind in there so they will go up the ladder at night. Not sure if should keep it on or turn it off after I shut the door. Thanks 

Like anyone/anything, its nicer and better to sleep in the dark.

That said, the darker winter days affects their laying so I have my home automation turn a light on in there around the time it would normally trigger the door during summer (during winter the door opens several hours later as the sun comes up much later).  This means they get a similar amount of light all year round and our egg production remains constant.

Linking a light to the AutoDoor didn't work too well, I use lighting from the cameras I have mounted in there.

vlcsnap-2022-09-09-22h42m54s447.png