buffie

Eggs - confession!

:lol::lol:

I think that I've finally got the garlic dose right now - the run doesn't smell of poos or garlic and the eggs taste divine :D . Remains to see how things go when it hots up in the summer... last year I used citronella oil and eucalyptus oil on pads of kitchen towel between the sunshade and the top of the run - worked really well at keeping the flies off.

I mix mine up in 4 pint plastic milk bottles - nearly fill it with mash, add 1 tbspn of oyster grit, 2tbspns of garlic flakes and 2 teaspoons of Diatom. mix it all up and away you go....

If they've got runny bums try making porridge up with water and adding some Avipro, it's my wonder cure for all runny bum things with animals. You can get it from this link or most vets usually have it too. Let me know if you can't get it and I'll send you some of mine to tide you over and get you some from my vet - which is cheaper than online. I can give it to you next Wednesday.

Oh, and keep them off anything dairy, but I expect that you're doing that anyway.

CX

That's useful! :D

The girls haven't laid today :cry: I hope they haven't heard me comment on eggs, I do love them and will not buy eggs so if it really slows down we'll be egg free here. I am guessing it's the lack of light and perhaps I have to be tougher on the mash front and not give them so many treats (just because they are now in their new run with no grass an dI feel guilty)

BBx

Bacon has not laid today either :cry:

This is the first missed egg I have had since the eggs started in August.

I've been paranoid about her behaviour today. She has been very vocal!

I notice that her bum is not so big either. Its gone back to what it looked like before the eggs started.

Edited by Guest

could be moult, in that the rear feathers may be more sp"Ooops, word censored!". Don't worry, I have never wormed mine but keep a check on the poop and no evidence so it's as you'd expect this time of year. harrie laid a biggie yesterday so I think it took alot of energy.

I actually feel really pleased that our girls can go off lay and react naturally as we are not giving them artificial light or turning them into egg laying machines. :D:D

Mikey suggested they could use my sad lamp to perk them up! :wink:

BBx