Martin B

Bernard!

Well here is a little update about my crabs.

I now have 7 of the little things. I have 4 medium and 3 small.

About 2 weeks after getting my original 4, we went as a family at P@H to check out their adoption centre and see if we could help out, whilst there I noticed their hermit crabs had arrived, 3 weeks later than scheduled.

I could not resist them and came back with these 2. They are called Chonga and Chimi.

crabs024.jpg

Then something strange happened one of the hermit crabs (UMO) died and I phoned up Pets at Home and they told me to bring him in and they also kindly replaced him with a lookalike!

Like the ark, I like to make sure my animals come in 2 by 2! ;)

So here are Razzmataz and Mushu

crabs036.jpg

crabs033.jpg

So that took my tally up to 7. I am refurbishing my bedroom this week and I am planning a few more Crab tanks, and I am trying to sort out some more varieties I am going to get the Cavipes from Kevin off this forum and then I am desperately trying to track down some Perlatus, and I am going to see a man tomorrow who might be able to get them for me, seeing as he some how manages to get Tucans and skunks and things like that into his shop!!

Well, I will have had crabs for a month on Monday and I absolutely adore them they are great pets and an absolute joy to watch. In the time I have had them I have been pinched once and that was by UMO (who died) and I was nibbled by Mushu earlier with him using the feeding pincer!

Painted shells seem to be a highly debated thing on many forums, I bought quite a few of them but I have decided now that I don't like them. I've been led to believe that the paint can be poisonous and that has put me off completly now. I think they look much better with the natural ones anyway! I have one crab in a football shell, that I hope will move out and into a natural one. Earlier in the month UBO moved into this one. He looked quite cool, but even better in his natural shell! :D

crabs025.jpg

Martin