Chooks are liars. I left mine with both in, and half of them use the new one and half of them use the old glugs. The old glugs ran out yesterday and I left them empty to encourage the lazy girls to use the new glug. They all used it fine. This morning, I filled up one of the old ones as there was a bit of a run on the new one, and everyone abandoned the new glug and sprinted for the old. I think it's just that it takes more effort, so they naturally go for the old glugs over the slightly harder new ones. I know they weren't actually dying of thirst, because I'd been watching them use it from the kitchen the whole of the previous day.

Got mine today which is pretty darned quick! (and also goes to prove that they'd actually forgotten me!) Put it in and Loveheart went straight to it for a drink. Bit of a challenge lifting it up into the run when it's full tho - I shall have to drag the hose down in future I think and fill it up in situ!

Mrs B