And ask them if I can have your orange one....actually, if you want an orange glug, I wouldn't mind buying one and swapping it for your new style glug, I'm going to need two anyway. PM me if you're interested, although you might find it easier to ask Omlet to swap them for you.

.....did anyone who was waiting ever get their new glug? I don't actually want it to be honest, but it's become a bit of a principal thing now!

Mrs Bertie

Still waiting here... we were cube No.7 in May. We were told a couple of months ago that there was no need to call as they knew who was "owed" one.. yeah right... It seems that only those who have called to remind them have received them !

Noticed that these can now be purchased in the shop. In the blurb it says they can be used with the Eglu. Has anyone tried this and, if so, where did you hang it. Apologies if this sounds daft but with the cube being higher and having straight sides I'm not sure where it would fit.

Thanks

Liz

.....did anyone who was waiting ever get their new glug? I don't actually want it to be honest, but it's become a bit of a principal thing now!

Mrs Bertie

yes i got two! the first one was impossible to remove and clean, the second was much better, but i had to complain about the first to receive the new updated model.

Omlet's usual delivery fiasco for me AGAIN !!! :evil:

I called HQ about the glug, HQ say they dispatched one on the 23rd... it's now the 30th... Nothing's arrived. HQ say "give it another week, just in case it's lost in the system" ! :roll:... Does anyone ever get anything delivered correctly and first time from Omlet ?. This will be the 5th time I've ordered something and they (or their couriers) have totally screwed up every single time!

I've never had a problem with any of my omlet orders Steve, and I'm in Scotland. When I phoned to order my 1st eglu last year I paid an extra £12 or something for next day delivery and sure enough it came the next day. I thought it was amazing that in such a short space of time they had processed the order, got my eglu on a lorry and got it up to me :D . It's a shame you're having problems - not a good advert for omlet :(

Yay !!!... New glug arrived today... only 10 days after it was sent and that was with Royal Mail, so I can't even blame Nightfreight this time !

The girls took all of about 10 seconds to work out exactly what it was and how to use it... in fact, they spent most of the day using it "just for the fun of it", as their usual glub is still in situ but they haven't touched it since the new one was installed... Amazing ! :o

Chooks are installed in the new cube, but they definitely haven't used the new glug. I was told not to give them any other water so that they would learn to use it, but none of them have, so several hours later I put their original water container in the run. They all gulped it down so they must have been desperate! How long did it take your chooks to use the glug? I'll have to train them up tomorrow!

Keep trying Lynne - Try grabbing one of the chooks a couple of times and putting her beak to the sipper so that she can tell that it is water in the drinker; sometimes they just don't make the connection.

My girls have a glug and a 'bunny bottle' and seem to prefer the bottle, which is good beacuse it's easier to clean, although it does freeze up more in the winter :roll:

My girls have a glug and a 'bunny bottle' and seem to prefer the bottle, which is good beacuse it's easier to clean, although it does freeze up more in the winter :roll:

I used to put an old sock over the bunny bottle when my children had rabbits.

It helped prevent freezing in winter and stopped the build up of algae in summer.