Jangle

Chicken Withdrawal (or Cold Turkey)

As you may know, I have just got back from a very busy three-day conference at Warwick University. I left on Sunday afternoon and got back on Wednesday afternoon.

As well as missing my OH and my 2 daughters very much, I really, really missed the chickens. I would ring up twice a day for egg laying and general wellbeing reports, and was full of questions about how much they had eaten, how they were getting on etc.

I found that I needed "fowl therapy" so badly that I began sneaking slices of toast out of breakfast to feed to the University Campus ducks!

When I finally got back yesterday, the first thing I did after greeting my family was to go and see the chickens. Am I completely mad or does anybody else feel like this about their hens?

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh yes, definitely!

We had a weeks holiday in Scotland last August and the girls went to stay with Mother-in-law for the duration. I was terrible all week, wondering if they were OK, missing them heaps and worrying that they wouldn't remember me when we got back! I don't want to go on holiday again! It's too much stress!!

if you're completely mad, Jangle, then so am I. Although I love my holidays, I hate being away from home and I miss the chooks and dogs and cats - even the fish! I might ask our favourite hotel if we can have some goldfish in the sitting room!

What was the conference on? Or am I being too nosy here?

Fowlbird - it was the annual conference of the Association of University Administrators - 750 of us (approximately) all talking about Higher Education Administration for 3 days. It was interesting and enjoyable, but very tiring and I am really glad to be home.

When I finally got back yesterday, the first thing I did after greeting my family was to go and see the chickens.

Well Janet, I'm impressed that you greeted your family 1st!

Last week there was an eve. when I told S. everything the chickens had done that afternoon then noticed the expression on his face...

"Oh, and Esther's fine too!" I hastily added, reporting on 9 yr old. Whoops.

:roll::roll:

They really are part of the family though...of course you missed them :)

Its a relief reading yours though, as family & friends think I'm just obsessed. Besotted, I'd call it. :D

last night I cooked mottar panir and pilau rice for dinner. As mr fowlbird walked in to the kitchen I was frying the onion, spices and fruit for the rice... adding the toasted almonds I asked him anxiously if he thought I'd used enough nuts or would the chooks like more... :oops:

that is normal behaviour isn't it?

When ever I cook a meal I always put out an extra dish that is were all chicken friendly food goes ..........Oh dear I cooked too much rice again or there seems to be rather a lot of pasta, it all goes in the chicken dish for the next days treats......... :lol::lol::lol:

It is perfectly normal Yvonne..... :lol: