Bambam

My hen making a snorking sound like she’s clearing phlegm

OK, so for several weeks now my one hen has been making a sound like she’s got mucus in her throat.  she seems totally fine, though her eggs have been small the last few days.  Her eyes and beak are fine.  I read some where that it might be food in her crop.  I’m fairly new to this.  She’s about 7 months old.

Cathy

On 5/5/2022 at 4:08 AM, Bambam said:

OK, so for several weeks now my one hen has been making a sound like she’s got mucus in her throat.  she seems totally fine, though her eggs have been small the last few days.  Her eyes and beak are fine.  I read some where that it might be food in her crop.  I’m fairly new to this.  She’s about 7 months old.

Cathy

Have a look in her beak if you can. It might be upper respiratory (even chickens can get allergies) or maybe worms that nest in the throat. 
When was she last wormed?

Check her throat for cankers, which are cream coloured growths which may be obstructing her respiratory tract. These are the result of a parasite that can be treated if caught soon enough. Are her poos normal, or a green colour because that would indicate a respiratory infection? And it could be, as Cattails says, simply a pollen allergy.