Citychick

Chicken Snacks

Of course I warm them in my mouth :roll: (Kate has now left the forum)

We are keeping them in Carl's booze fridge so he'll be the one fetching them and taking the lid off - his sense of smell is not as acute as mine :lol:

We also bought a 'fat block' for the birds with mealworms in it. It fits into a square feeder. They looked a bit puzzled at first but then started pecking. When that is finished and they know the holder means food, I am going to put shredded cabbage in it. They probably won't forgive me!

Lesley

Edited by Guest

Glad to se you warm them properly, make sure the lid is on tight they can get out very easily Carl might get more than he bargained for with his beer.

The fat block sounds a good idea let us know if they eat there greens mine still won't touch anything green other than grass but I don't suppose they will come to any harm, I don't think they need extras when they have access to grass.

What grass :shock: ????

I haven't got any anymore! It's just a sea of mud!! They've literally scoffed the lot!

I've started whizzing cabbage in a little food chopper and they'll eat that - grudgingly! Better than nothing, I suppose. I mix it in with their remaining mash in the afternoons and they will pick bits of cabbage out and eat it.

Don't you just love it when your hubby comes home with a present for you? :D

I use to get flowers or chocolates :lol: I now get maggots :!::shock:

Whats all that about :?: It can only go down hill from here on. What will it be next? :? Ooooh I don't want to think about it. :roll:

Hubby came in at lunch time the other morning and caught me laughing at all the posts about maggots, so I made the mistake of telling him about all of you getting maggots for your girls and how much they enjoyed them and the next thing I know he has come back from a trip to the post office with a big bag of maggots ( the fishing shop is just down the road from the post office).

They are now in our fridge :shock::? in three bags just in case they try to break free!!! :roll:

The girls love them and can eat a hand full in seconds.

This is Sammi J with maggots in the fridge signing off!!! :wink:

Sammi, you are SOOOOOOOOO lucky :shock: !

I know :!: Not. :|

Ooh Lesley, I open the fridge door with Extreme caution :shock: You may get more than you wanted when you reach for that butter!!! :shock::shock:

There just isn't an emotion to show how each trip to the fridge makes me feel. That's why they are wrapped in lots of layers.

Got to get them out of the house soon, the chooks are not having anything else till they are gone. It wouldn't have been to bad but why did he have to get the biggest bag he could :?::roll:

I really hope I just get flowers in the future. :?

Take it easy

Sammi :wink:

-x-

I love the new emoticons how do you make them work I have seen them on P.P.

I am sorry I haven't posted today but for some reason I could not use Omlet or P.P sites every time I tried to post or refresh the screen it said server can not be found. I e-mailed James and he checked things out and said they had no problems so it must be my connection to broadband. It was very odd because I could access other sites i.e RC ( I see that is where most people from Omlet have been posting all day ) but for some reason my computer would not let me join in. :cry:

So now things have sorted themselves out I thought I would make this an extra long posting to make up for my absence............Now I need an emoticon for yawning perhaps Lesley or Kate can help. :wink:

Nicola - i don't think it's just you - my PC ha been driving me mad :twisted: I've had to try at least four times before it would display the page. Must be Broadband in some way.

We learnt all the adding of emoticons from P.P but I haven't found one yawning yet!

Have now!

7_11_115.gif

Hi Sammi

So if I start telling you that chickens really like flowers and go mad for them - will that work? Of course, they only like the really expensive ones and they also love chocolates :wink::wink:

Lesley

HaHa :lol: Hey I'll give it a go but something tells me he may just see through that one!!! :shock:

Well you will all be pleased to hear none of the maggots escaped from their multi layered prison of bags (or is it just me because it's my fridge), don't think I can go through that agian for a while. The worry was just to much!?! :shock::roll::lol::D:lol:

Take it easy

Sammi

-x- :wink:

Is there such a thing as to much grass for the chickens? This is only day two and so far the way to get them to come to us is to wave a bunch of grass at them and they will come and eat it while we still hold on. Going to try sweet corn next but didn't want to give the poor things the runs :?

Kate - I just have to say this! Ours have just had a bowl of grass - Carl has had to cut both lawns, the grass was just so luxuriant and lush and green and.............long!

We put some in a washing-up bowl and gave it to the girls instead of cabbage - they love it.

The last few days they have been getting sprout plants. After we've picked the sprouts we picked the top part out for the girls and then pulled up the whole plant and tied it up for them to peck at. Each plant did two days that way.