Moonie

Mud Bath

Thank you, I've just looked at your girls and they are lovely too. My husband gave me the green light for some more girls yesterday... you've got some ex bats, do you think as a newbie they would be a good option for me? I'd love to give them a good life and some feedom. I've got the time as i'm a stay at home Mum, so give them lots of TLC. The only thing as a novice do you think i should wait a while and learn with the three i have now? :?

Thank you, I've just looked at your girls and they are lovely too. My husband gave me the green light for some more girls yesterday... you've got some ex bats, do you think as a newbie they would be a good option for me? I'd love to give them a good life and some feedom. I've got the time as i'm a stay at home Mum, so give them lots of TLC. The only thing as a novice do you think i should wait a while and learn with the three i have now? :?

Fab news Moonie.

Some newbies have adopted ex-battery girls, but if you can have some patience and stick with your current girls for a bit longer, then you'll have so much more experience to offer the new girsl when you do adopt them.

Some ex-battery hens are in quite good condition, while others can be rather sickly and featherless - the latter will need much more attention and care, so some experience is always a good thing, and you'll feel more secure too.

Good idea Moonie.

Emma (the herd) is a good person to speak to - she's adopted loads of ex-batteries, some of them more needy than others.

You'll also need to arrange for extra accommodation as they won't be able to mix with your current girls for quite a while. Partly because they are so vulnerable and also beacsue you will need to isolate them and watch for any infections and lice.

If you want to help the BHWT in the meantime, then contact your local co-ordinator (as listed on their site) and see if you can help out at a rescue - it's demanding work, both emotionally and physically, but well worth it.