Helen

Yet another Newbie

If I'm honest Shelia it was sheer chance that I found the picture. I just put chicken picture in google and hit search. I then got very upset when mixed in with the typeof picture I did want I got things like roast chiken and sweet and sour chicken.............. :cry: not quite what I had in mind at all.

The girls are looking very wet and sad at the moment. I daren't let them out of their run unless I'm out there or they might get lost. When did people feel confident that they would find their way back to their run. Our garden is fairly secure but rather large and with mature shrubs they could get lost in??

Helen I let my chickens out to free range after about a week, they won't wander too far at first until they get their bearings as mine got braver they would wander up the field at the back of the house and not return until dusk.

I have had to put a stop to them going in the field because they were calling in on the neighbours on their way home and it didn't go down to well....... :lol::lol:

I should think they will be fine after about 5-7 days if they are confined to the garden they will have great fun, just watch out they don't damage all your prize plants, I don't have any but the neighbours did.... :lol:

Yes, anytime now to let them out, but we waited until the nearest day that we could be around a lot. If you can do it, I'd try not to have them out too late in afternoon because mine got lost the first week out & tried to roost in the garden, & OH & I had to go out with torches & rescue them!