Emma

Hello and thankyou

Hello everyone and thankyou for suggesting I come on to this part of the forum. Hetty GNR and Matilde PP are happy in their (green eglu) . No eggs as yet but the lovely man from Omlet tells me they are still too young to lay yet. I can see me spending lots of time here chatting. :P .Having a bit of prob setting up a pic for myself but with the instructions I found on the forum I'll try again.

Glad you're enjoying chickens & forum Emma. Love the names you've chosen.

I waited 10 weeks for 1st egg, others are ready much sooner, but its such fun getting to know the girls that the eggs just seem to be a bonus when they do arrive.

Avatar took me ages to achieve, including searching for right size pic.

As well as the general "sticky" about it, there is a posting where Kate talked me through it, including checking the "properties" bit of the pics.

You could check on my profile and click on my "postings" & look for an early one where I asked the question, if you get stuck. Good luck!

Looking forward to more news & chats,

Hello Emma,

Glad everything's going OK with the girls. Love the names too. If you have any problems uploading an avatar, try the Need Help Using the Forum sticky or if all fails, send either Lesley or myself a PM and we'll talk you through it (although I'm having serious PC problems at the moment and can't guarantee I'll be around :( )

Good luck with the picture. Hope it all works out :wink: .

Keep us posted about the egg situation! Hope it happens soon.

Your right getting to know the girls is what counts, the eggs when they come will be a bonus. They have been great to watch today,preening each other. Hetty GNR loves to be picked up but Matilde PP is a bit shy.

Going to get my son, Tom to help with the avatar. He seems to know the whereabouts on a computer.

Happy clucking ladies and thanks again. You've made me feel really welcome.

Emma

:lol:

Great avatar Emma! - makes me quite dizzy watching it :shock:

My GNR doesn't seem to mind being picked up, although I wouldn't say she loves it. As for my PP , she's not keen on being picked up at all. I keep doing it when I can though, just to get her used to it :)