Laura007

A heavy heart

We starting keeping chicken in 2005 and our first 2, henno and nugget where from omlet along with their home a mark 1 eglu.  Fast forward to now with 2 eglus and over the years numerous characters we have now decided not to have any more chooks. It will be a bit odd not seeing them in the garden or shutting them in at night and they have bought much joy and laughter with their little ways. Our final chook is going to live out her old age with some new friends tomorrow. So it is the right decision and right time to say a final farewell to our last feathered friend. 

It's not an easy decision, we got chickens from Omlet and an Eglu in 2008. We were down to one, and rehomed her just before we moved to Scotland from Kent in 2021.  We were moving in with family and didn't know how long it would take to find our own home, it was 18 months as we ended up doing a self build. It was strange not having them at first, but we've been so busy that we've got used to it now. My Eglu is currently on loan to my daughter's friend, but my daughter now wants to get chooks so who knows?