tara

Ducks that dont need water what breeds

Hi Tara

I would reccomend Indian runners(Not just cos I have one :) )

They Do not need a pond, but whatever breed your friend chooses water for drinking and washing their eyes out must be provided at all times. All adult ducks must have access to water deep enough to dunk their heads in and rinse their eyes out, but this can be provided in something like a deep jug, or pot.

Our houseduck jumps straight out of the bath when we put her in, we have to put her back in and splash the water around to encourage her to bathe :lol:

If we pretend to be enjoying the water she settles down and has a wash, but as soon as she is clean she wants out :lol:

Hi Tara

I would reccomend Indian runners(Not just cos I have one :) )

They Do not need a pond, but whatever breed your friend chooses water for drinking and washing their eyes out must be provided at all times. All adult ducks must have access to water deep enough to dunk their heads in and rinse their eyes out, but this can be provided in something like a deep jug, or pot.

Our houseduck jumps straight out of the bath when we put her in, we have to put her back in and splash the water around to encourage her to bathe :lol:

If we pretend to be enjoying the water she settles down and has a wash, but as soon as she is clean she wants out :lol:

wow you have a house duck............... :shock:

hows that work

Yep we have a house duck :lol:

The most wonderfull pet in the world :)

She wears a nappy harness (you can't house train a duck :( )

(whispers) and I currently have two goose eggs in the incubator :wink:

I am also awaiting the arrival of a dozen miniature silkie bantam eggs which will go into an incubator on wed :lol:

Of course the Bantams will have to live in the garden.

As will the geese (if they hatch) that the rest of the family don't know about yet :twisted::wink:

Hi

Baby (our Duck) is a girl and gives us lovely eggs.

She roams around the house just like a dog or cat would, she likes to be near us as much as she can.

We do have to keep paper out of her way as she loves to eat it :lol:

It's pretty much like having a small dog with feathers really, we love her like mad.

I dont think you could keep runners in an eglu, I think the run would not be tall enough :(

But I could be wrong as I have never actually seen an Eglu so not sure how big they are.

Baby stands around twenty three inches tall, an inch or so more if she really tries :lol:

There is a picture on here somewhere of her watching tv with my daughter :D

Carol

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how many time a day do you nappy change it???

lol

We have had her from an egg so everything is natural to her, even wearing the harness, she has worn it from a couple of days old.

where do you get them from????

how many do you have? she is adourable

Do you mean the Harnesses?

I got them from America, She has two, one on and one in the wash

What a lovely duck your really lucky.Dont think id be aloud a house duck would take alot of working on.I have call ducks and they just had ducklings 2 weeks ago but id love some indian runners as well.Ill find away l know my friend is really wanting 2 now thanks to your help. :D

Hi Tara

You know you don't have to have the ducks indoors all the time, You can have outdoors ducks that are allowed in the house.

Just put their harness on when you let them in, that way you get the best of both worlds :wink:

You would have to have at least two ducks tho, so they can keep each other company when they are not indoors with you.

And you would have to have them around you a lot in the beginning, both indoors and out to get them relaxed in both situations.

Baby was really an accidental only child :)

She came from a batch of six very cheap eggs on e.bay, unfortunatly she was the only one to make it out of the egg, she imprinted on us and we hadn't the heart to put her outside on her own :cry:

Baby see's us as her family so now it would be cruel to put her outside on her own, she would get very distressed.

There is a downside to having a house duck too, I have to put garlic powder in her food as sometimes she can smell when she does one :?

But the way I see it when a cat uses the litter tray it stinks' so it's no worse than having a cat in the house :lol:

I just know your friend will enjoy her ducks no matter what breed she chooses :D

Carol