jasperrabbit

humpin' bunnies

Hi

I have 4 bunnies, currently two females share an Eglu and two males are in a seperate hutch. Both males have been neutered (one only recently). However, one of my two females Stella (mother) keeps 'humping' Ruby (daughter) :oops: . I know that this is usually a display of dominance but the younger rabbit appears to be fairly distressed by all the unwanted attention!

Has anyone any experience of dealing with this problem? i don't want to seperate them but need to know how to break this cycle.

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

thanks

Hi jasperrabbit, my two sister bunnies do that a lot,and it is a dominance thing, but not good if one of them doesn't like all the sapphic attention! They should both be neutered as unbred and entire females stand a very high chance of getting uterine cancer, which is fatal. But that won't stop them bonking - it's not sexual, just as you said part of the pecking order thing.

Karen Wren (http://www.rossrabbits.co.uk) is a very reputable breeder and there's nothing that she doesn't know about bunnies - try contacting her for advice.

My boy + girl (both neutered) did that alot when first introduced. Now they seem to have given up but my female, Luna never really cared, she just ran inside the eglu or her tunnel.

Alice, Luna and Blue :)