Boris70

what colour eglu - help needed?

Hi,

Has anyone got any photo's of the following colour eglus - Pink, red and Blue?

We went round to Kooringas yesterday and visited her wonderful chickens, and now I just have to have an eglu! I sat down at the computer last night (immediately on my return from the visit) - credit card in hand - and now just can't decide what colour to buy!

In the catalogue they all look such virbrant colours, but as soon as you add them to your shopping basket - the colour completely changes and they look really dull (the pink looks the best when added to my basket).

I've just spent the last hour trawling though everyones photo's on the forum, but the colours look so different in every picture.

If you could help out adding pictures in the rain and sun, I may actually be able to make a decision and order!

Thanks,

Vicki

We're not great at helping with colours, and there's a very long thread to prove it :roll: caused when Murdo wanted advice on what colour grub & glug to buy..... he got more advice than he ever wanted I'm sure.... and ended up buying a whole new eglu 8):lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the colours are stunning, and we're all fairly partisan :roll:

Try working your way through the gallery, there are a lot of photo's on there of eglus in all different colours. With any luck some of the others will be along later to post direct links to their photos.

Whatever colour you get you won't regret it I'm sure :wink:

From what I have seen,all the colours are nice & bright in the "flesh"

We used to have a pink one,which was stunning,but now have an inherited green one which blends into the garden really well :D

That said what I REALLY aspire to is an orange one as it is such a great colour against the reds & browns of the hens :P

Reading this back I probably haven't been much help,have I ? :roll::roll:

I sat down at the computer last night (immediately on my return from the visit) - credit card in hand - and now just can't decide what colour to buy!

In the catalogue they all look such virbrant colours, but as soon as you add them to your shopping basket - the colour completely changes and they look really dull (the pink looks the best when added to my basket).

First of all, I'd just like to point out that isn't me again ! :D

Tell 'em Kate, tell 'em. Pleeease.

Secondly having said Orange is great the other day I have since revised my opinion to Orange is Brilliant. As in bright. I've no idea whether the colour is any good, (I refer those matters to Higher Management) but it's certainly bright. I can also vouch for pink being strong (too bright for my taste - there : an opinion ! :shock: ) and the yellow - which of course you can't have.

I'm guessing from the colours I've seen that all the Omlet colours are probably vibrant shades, as a matter of policy.

Edited by Guest

why did they stop making yellow :?::?: I still prefer it although the orange is great too, the chief assistant and I were worrying earlier about what happens when the mark3 comes out and we have to upgrade the yellow eglu to make room for Blossom and Bluebell. In an ideal world would have gone for a purple eglu except now we have orange and well just try and visualize those cute little eglu icons in orange and purple!!

as the mini assistant might say Uhh-ohh :)

Vicki and OH have seem my green and orange eglus - albeit with muddy chicken starfish prints on one of them - I didn't get time to spring clean - short notice and torrnetial rain in the morning.

Of course I love the orange, and it really sompliments the colours of all my chickens, ginger, brown, black speckledy, pumpkin, and lavender. It is such a warm colour and when surround by foliage in the summer months and flowers hopefully if they don't get eaten - they will really show them off.

It was really great to meet Vicki and her husband, and they were soon wowed by Dilly, Freckles and especially Pumpkin, despite the fact that she just wandered about showing off her fine orange outfit to her best advantage whilst Dilly - a little muddy from her dust bath, and Freckles - totally besotted with Vicki so much so that she was entranced and dozed off. Freckles did the dozing and Vicki and OH were entranced I think.

I felt a bit guilty as they had decided to go for two chickens, but having seen and cuddled (more than once) my London Ladies, they might have been persuaded to go for four banties - if the eggs the girls donated passed the taste test!

Can't wait to hear what you decide on Vicki - too much choice isn't there

Well decision made - I couldn't wait any longer - unlike Murdo the decision was made in less than 48 hours (as I'm so desperate to get the chickens now).

As you can see from my signature - Blue won. Delivery hopefully by the weekend, as the chickens are coming on Saturday - 4 pekin bantams (as I just fell in love with Kooringas). A blue, lavender, buff and silver partridge.

I'm so excited now - don't know how I'll last until the weekend!

Vicki

Wonderful Vicki

Do let me know where and how much the banties were as I would like another three myself - you can pm me if you wish.

Great news - I am so happy for you.

Maybe one day I can come and see yours.

My very best wishes - visit or call anytime you wish

Wonderful Vicki

Do let me know where and how much the banties were as I would like another three myself - you can pm me if you wish.

Great news - I am so happy for you.

Maybe one day I can come and see yours.

My very best wishes - visit or call anytime you wish

More chickens....? :wink: