missuscluck

Joseph

We went to see 'Joseph' yesterday at the Regent theatre in Stoke on Trent.

It was fabulous!

It was the Bill Kenwright production that is touring at the moment with 3 of the 'Joseph' rejects from the T.V. show, Craig, Keith and Chris.

Craig was taking the lead role but as we were at the matinee performance I think he was having a show 'off' so Chris took the role with Keith taking the role of the narrator.

I have to say that my family are just about the same as most and sit and watch all these saturday night T.V. talent shows being critical of performances. Its so easy to do that from your chair, but I have to say that they were fantastic to watch.

Chris singing 'close every door to me' brought a lump to your throat and Keith was fabulous all the way through, a really strong singer.

Well done. It was great. :D:D:D:D If you get chance to go...GO!

I love the theatre. Has anyone else been recently?

I've not been to the theatre recently, in fact the last show I saw was Joseph when it was in Liverpool last year.

It was an extra special performance as two of the children ( well, one was about 15!) singing in the chorus attend our church :D

I've never seen Joseph - remember I really wanted to go and see Jason Donovan back in the days of old...

I went to the theatre with my daughter last week. We went to see High School Musical which was thoroughly entertaining. I love performances of all kinds!

Laila

Glad to hear the touring show is good! DS is singing in the show when it comes to Crawley in June. :D:D:D We have tickets!! Craig will be Joseph.

I saw Jason Donovan and Philip Schofield in Joseph. I wish I'd seen Donny Osmond too!!

I bought tickets for Crawley 16-20th June several weeks ago. They are doing 12 shows and Tuesday evening was the only showing when I could get 5 seats all together! It's because they have over 100 children in the choir, so it is sold out before the public even knows it's coming! That doesn't seem fair really, especially when the ticket prices are so high!

I love the theatre. Has anyone else been recently?

I saw The Merchant of Venice on Friday night and it was brilliant!

Very modern set with no scenery / background just the actors to make it happen and it was fab.

They used (not sure of the proper term) glass rim ringers to make a really eerie background sound to some of the scenes which gave me goosebumps :)

I don't really ever go to the theatre but I did go last year to see Joseph - Keith Jack is the nephew of my step instructor so we would never have heard the end of it if we hadn't gone :wink: .

I did think it was good and Keith was excellent :) .

I too thought Keith was fantastic. His voice sounded so much stronger in real life than on the T.V.

I have been to another show tonight at the Lyceum Theatre in Crewe. It was the lord mayors charity gala (its like Trumpton here :D )

I went as my daughter plays in the co-op youth band.

One of the acts was the George Formby society which consists of about 15 George Formby impersonators. What a fab act. I have never seen this one before. Most entertaining. Nice to see something a bit different.

Was that really done with a set of glasses or on a glass harmonica?

Hi Ginette

They were using wine glasses - like paris goblets. You cou see them on a raised area below the orchestra gallery - the musicians were shadowed out in black but the glasses illuminated so you could only see their hands moving. It was very 8)

Wonderful - that is really thrilling isn't it?

Certainly was - so much so I am dragging OH with me to see it again. We hope to get tickets for a date in June when they have an after show chat with the directors and actors.

Must go luvvie - Mwah! Mwah! :wink: