slip and pitch

should I treat for worms?

I've read the sticky on worming and had noticed it says to treat for worms every 4 to 6 months. I've had my 3 hens for 2 months,and the breeder I got them from said they'd been wormed and would contact any customers by email in 6 months time to remind them to re treat them. However, :? ,when i was in the garden earlier,I was looking at somthing on the grass and noticed something just visible in a poo,so I fished it out on the end of a twig (sorry). It was about 2inchs long and white-ish,tapered at both ends and quite thin but not moving around. I'm worried its worms but I'd read they'd be difficult to spot in their poo. Or is it possible it's just some foreign object one of them has picked up in the garden,they free range nearly all day,most days. I fed them some spaghetti the other day and I noticed they still ate some that had dried out later on. Maybe it was that and it hasn't digested properly? I think that might be wishful thinking,will they be ok if I treat them now,so soon after being wormed by the breeder (presuming that they had been of course). Any ideas much appreciated as always!Thanks.

I'd be very surprised if any starchy food had not been digested properly. I thought it's normally fibrous food and grit that passes through without being digested properly, carbs are the first to be broken down. That's certainly the case with mammals anyway.

It certainly won't hurt to worm them.

I agree with the others, even if you arent sure about how long ago exactly they were wormed it would do them no harm at all to worm them.

I mark mine on the calendar when I've done it and when its due next (along with the dog's :roll: ) and then its easily remembered. :wink:

Sorry for delayed reply,I was away over the weekend. I've ordered some flubenvet online so it should be here tomorrow. I haven't noticed anymore worms in their droppings but I'll treat them all just to be sure. My sister calls me Gillian,after Gillian MacKeith,due to my recent interest in the texture and contents of poo's!! :lol: