abwsco

Flubenvet

Even though I've given our exbatts Verm-X as a precaution I've decided to get Flubenvet to be on the safe side re worms. Best price I found was Petmeds

However, how is the best way to dose all 6 and what is the required dose per day. I've read about putting it on grapes but only two of the girlies like grapes :? Would putting it in pellet porridge be OK as they will all eat that although some more than others. Seems to be more difficult to get into them compared to the Verm-X liquid. Thanks

I used sweetcorn when I wormed my girls. Take a niblet and poke the end of a knife with a tiny amount of flubenvet inside it.

If they don't like sweetcorn you can just mix it into a kind of porridge, although I know what you mean about trying to get them all to have the right amount.

I've just dosed mine with pellet porridge... I used pellets, limestone flour, flubenvet and then treats in it all mixed together with water and they have gone mad for it... in fact they were most upset with me this morning when i tried to let them out and not give them the correct porridge mixture. I hope it has worked... i'm sure it's ok

Anyone any wiser :?::?::?:

mixing with food is how it is designed - how the company sell it is that the birds that are bigger eat more and the smaller birds eat less, so if it is mixed with food they may not get 'equal' amounts, but they should end up with the correct dose based on their size.

I do it with pellet porridge, with a bit of pultry spice for good measure to disguise it.

Tracy