I have just noticed this item in the shop:

Winter shade for the cube

Is this new? I don't remember seeing it before. As you can see, it goes right down one side, to keep out driving rain, I imagine.

I wondered if anyone had bought one and whether it is possible to put it on the other way round so that it runs right along the Cube and run plus one extension?

There's also a Cube Wind Shade to go around the part under the Cube.

And there's Linkaboard to make edging. I must look at the shop more often.

I'm sure that you could Gallina, but you'd need to check the measurements to see if it would fit the whole length.

Personally, I don't understand using a dark shade in the winter when the chooks could do with more daylight - I use clear plastic covers so that they are still sheltered, but have enough light. My bunnies, however, have a long, dark shade on their run all summer to protect them from the heat.

I don't see why it wouldn't fit that way, as it doesn't appear to be shaped like the Eglu shade. I've got the original Cube shade, and an Eglu winter shade which doesn't fit exactly, but between the two they cover the whole of the roof and keep the floor dry. The front of the run gets wet when it rains as it blows in there, but the back underneath the Cube is always dry.

If you buy it now, it will be a faded pale green by winter, anyway!

That was the bad news.

The good news is that Omlet have delivered two of these long side and top protectors, and I only paid for one. (But I lost a bit by asking for the old Glug instead of the SuperGlug.)

But the other bad news is that they didn't give the cute little shade that should come with the Cube.

I have managed something with my old Eglu shade for now: there isn't too much sun or rain at the moment.

They delivered a winter shade to me with the Cube last week, apparently they didn't have a summer shade, but they would be sending me one when they have them.

I think its quite good as my garden gets a lot of sun so its nice and cool for the girls.

I am beginning to like my two winter shades for the Cube. I have draped them to the ground on just one side as shown in the Omlet shop,

I have chosen the side by the fence where foxes might lurk, and I reckon if they can't keep an eye on the hens in that narrow passage they will go around to the other side where they are more likely to be spotted by me. It still remains nice and light in the Cube.

I like the Omlet shades when they are new, I just wish that they were more durable, and didn't fade so quickly.