Nature Chick

Floppy comb and lethargy

Help

Blondie who is normally so noisy and bossy is off-colour :cry:

Her comb has flopped over and she isn't moving that much, she is still eating and pushed her way past the other town this morning to get at her breakfast but she is so quiet and moving in slow-motion.

Any ideas?

I am not sure that she is laying anymore but spent quite a bit of time in the eglu yesterday without producing anything - could she be egg-bound?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Sorry to hear about Blondie. She doesn't sound right does she?

Is her abdomen swollen or hard at all?

Try giving her some pellet porridge with a good glug of olive oil mixed in to loosen her up a little.

If she isn't better tomorrow, then maybe a trip to the vets?

Has she been wormed at all recently, worms can make them feel rough.

She could have a soft shelled egg on the way? This makes them feel poorly until they have laid it.

Sorry, too many possibilities!

Hope she is better soon

C x

Thanks for your message

I got home yesterday and she was standing in the rain with her eyes closed, I rushed her to the vets who gave her some antibiotics, I nursed her through the night and she survived until this morning but I am terrified that when I visit her at lunchtime she will have died. I have syringe fed her some water with a bit of food in it as she was dehydrated this morning - that is why I am going back at lunchtime. I don't know what food to try her on - I might try and dig up some worms to tempt her to eat.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: