Rolo Rabbit

Pet number 6?

Molly is gorgeous and sweet but it's not been an easy few weeks!! I knew it wouldn't be (cos everyone kept telling us) but I think it's a bit like having a baby - you have no idea what it's going to be like until it's arrived. :shock:

I just read the German Shepherd Dog thread and couldn't believe he was almost house trained at 7 weeks!!! Molly is now nearly 12 weeks and shows no signs whatsoever of knowing what to do. That's probably been the most frustrating bit. We've done everything we were told and take her into the garden after every meal, sleep , play,hour but still it's hit or miss whether or not she'll do one outside. Even more frustrating is when you've stood in the garden waiting for 15 minutes with no success and the second she comes in, there's a wee on the kitchen floor. :wall:

But we're all getting better at taking her out quickly and less wound up about it too. I know she'll get there but Wheatens are notorious for taking a while. She's just had her second lot of vaccinations so it's just a few more days til we can start taking her for walks-can't wait!

Here she is again.

2008_09_06024.jpg

She's only been to one pupy class so far - she surprised us by being shy at first but soon went back to normal Molly and loved it. She was far more interested in getting to know the other puppies than doing the little tasks but it was good fun. We were all shattered by the time we got home!

2008_09_06013.jpg

What a little sweetheart!

Our puppy has just had his first birthday and still has the odd accident, he has never got the hang of 'asking' to go out so you have to look for tiny body language signs which is a real pain!

The worst will at least be over by she is six months :) and with that face I think you will probably forgive most things!

We bought a metal incinerator when we got our pup and all puppy pads and picked up poo went in there and we added some of our waste paper and XBox magazines (we dont put these out for recycling in case someone clocks that we have one) and set the lot alight every few days, its not particularly environmentally friendly but gets you through the rubbish bags a-go-go phase :D

Hi everyone - I've not been here for aaaaaages but as it's Molly's first birthday I thought you might like to see her again. If I can remember how to load photos...

09_05_29017.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the right size - I followed Fred's guide but it looks a bit big to me. I'll try another one.

_POR0259.jpg

Molly is just gorgeous. She drives us round the bend at times but is very much part of our family now.

Unfortunately Rolo Rabbit is no longer with us so I'll change my avatar to our last photo of him. He's still very missed.

Thanks! Milli your avatar could be Molly's twin!

Molly is not having a good day already - she stole another plant pot ( a regular occurrence) but this time with a fern still in it and I'm not sure if it's going to survive. :evil: As soon as I'd rescued that, she nabbed my son's shoe and tried to bury it in the border - another favourite pastime. I do have times when I wish she was a sensible 'normal' dog but I have to remember how much fun she is the rest of the time.