JM

Mine's here now! - Pics added (hopefully)!

Dan (the labrador) has now decided to keep out of pecking range!

It was such a lovely day and as the chucks seemed very settled in their run (despite them having eaten all the grass that was in there) - that I decided to let them out (even though they've not had the recommended 5 days. So we put out the Omlet netting and gave them a reasonable area to roam in around the cube. However, Dan came down to investigate, and as he started to sniff, he didn't realise that one of the gingers was running to him until she pecked his ear! (Poor lad - didn't half make him jump!) So since then, he's kept his distance!

The chucks had a good wander - they kept returning to the cube run though - so they do know that's home.

Jill

JM lovely photos.

Can I ask, did you do the run conversion by buying an extra arch and clips like some others I noticed that you appeared to fit the extra arch at the end of the run rather than 1cm set inwards from the end for the clips to pass through, I assume your method has worked well, it looks great! Does that end panel come automaticall slit horizontally or have you had to get the wire snips out?!

Anyway, everything looks fab!

Hi Ange1 - we haven't actually done the door conversion yet - I bought the extra arch in anticipation. I told the man who assembled it what I planned to do, and he put the arch in place for when we decide the best way of doing it. So the run is as designed, but just with the extra arch in place. (I bought the metal clips in anticipation too - but they are just sitting there at the moment!)

The end panel is in 2 halves - the lower door is in one half and the top part is separate - clipped into place with the plastic clips. If you remove the plastic clips around the side and top of the top half of the mesh, it can be hinged down (as in Egglou's adapation). (I think you may have to be careful that you don't leave too big a gap between any fixings that you add so that a fox can't force its way in (could break the plastic clips acting as a hinge))

Jill

JM what lovely photos. Your dog does look lovely and calm. Your girls look quite advanced already - I think your pepperpot has quite a good comb on her already. Not that I'm an expert - I'm still waiting patiently (sort of) for my girls to start laying, I'm not bothered, really I'm not.... :lol: