Guest grd

Credit Card fraud - it happened to me

I know its tedious AnnieP - especially as the bank is reimbursing - but I really do think you should take steps to have this stopped once and for all - I'd find it worrying that they even had my card details - today its just this DD but who knows how your details will be used next? The Ombudsman sounds like a good idea. Tell your bank you are very unhappy about this (after all it's ridiculous that it could carry on indefinately) and want it stopped. I'd bet money that there isa way out of it and the bank could do something if only they made the effort - after all tehy must ahve the account name and number of the recipient? It all just sounds a bit iffy to me. :?

One reason the banks seem to take this less than seriously is because it costs them very little. If your card gets used fraudulently say at the cinema or petrol station, and you rightly get your money refunded, the company issuing the goods gets a chargeback. The seller can try and prove it did everthing correctly eg chip and pin etc, but generally speaking they just loose the cost of the goods or services provided and have to refund the stolen card ...does that make sense?

Angela :roll:

I did a google, and it looks like the company concerned is "My Family Inc." Their website is http://www.myfamilyinc.com/default.aspx and if you look under "Contact us" you'll find a number of contact points including a London office.

This company and its various guises seem to cause a lot of complaints with their sneaky ways of getting money from subscribers. Have a look here:

http://www.gripe2ed.com/scoop/story/2004/6/3/8525/19769

Go get 'em girl! Show no mercy!

Richard T

Well, we got the new cards through. Went online to check the transactions and noticed that the B******* had also put 3 x £10 of Tesco Mobile top ups on there before the card was cancelled. :evil::evil::evil: Phoned the fraud dept at the bank - they made a note of it, but currently are two and half weeks behind due to so many fraud investigations.