SLK69

VERY Poorly Ex Batt Hen - any advice ?

Can any one offer advice?

One of my chooks 'Precious' who was top chook till last week has become really ill today - she was fine yesterday and today till 11am - then when I got home at 5pm she was huddled in a corner wheezing and straining - So I brought her indoors - I noticed she had diarrea this morning and now she is unsettled on her feet - I have syringed about 7ml of water sweetend with honey into her - but now she has lain her head down on the towel.

She did escape into neighbours garden yesterday and they are plant tastic gardeners - could she have eaten something that was poisonous to chooks?

Does any one have experience of a hen coming back from this condition?

Susie :cry:

Could she have eaten slug pellets? That affects their breathing.

It might be worth asking the neighbours if this is a possibility.

Keep her warm and keep trying to get fluids into her.

If she is no better tomorrow, and you do think she has eaten something poisonous, it might be a good idea to take her to the vet.

Good luck.

thanks - will speak to neighbours tomorrow - have brought her inside and got in her a laundry basket with towels next to my bed - will def be off to Vet tomorrow if not better. why did it happen on a FRiday night and not a earlier in the week.

S

Was up all night with chook dripping water into her - but she was still obviously in so much pain this morning I took her to our local chicken farmer who showed me his method of dispatching - So now I know - Feeling bit sad :(